During die casting production, the die casting mold is installed on the die casting machine to form a whole with the die casting machine. Through the pressure of the die casting machine, the molten metal fills the mold cavity at high pressure and high speed, and the molten metal is cooled in the mold cavity under high pressure. Solidified and formed to obtain die castings.
The die casting mold is mainly composed of two parts:
a fixed mold and a movable mold. The fixed mold is fixed on the fixed mold mounting plate of the die casting machine.
The sprue is connected to the nozzle or pressure chamber of the die casting machine. The movable mold is fixed on the mounting plate of the die casting motorized die and moves with the die casting motorized template to complete the opening and closing actions.
The work of the die casting mold is a cyclical work process. When the mold is closed, the mold is closed to form a cavity, a gating system, and an overflow exhaust system. The liquid metal fills the cavity under high pressure and solidifies. When the mold is opened, the movable mold and the fixed mold are separated, and the casting is ejected under the action of the ejection mechanism.
No matter what die casting mold, its working process includes the following actions: We illustrate the working process of a product die casting mold:
1) Mold closing: the mold is closed and waiting for pouring.
2) Pouring: The manipulator or the operator blows the material into the barrel from the furnace.
3) Injection: According to the set process parameters, carry out the injection.
4) Mold opening: The mold is opened, the core is pulled with the inclined guidepost, and the core is pulled simultaneously.
5) Core pulling: Under the action of the core pulling device, the mold exits from the side to facilitate ejection; if it is the front (fixed) mold core pulling, the core needs to be pulled first and then the mold is opened.
6) Ejector: Under the action of the ejection mechanism, the casting is ejected for easy removal.
7) Pick-up: Manually or automatically remove the casting from the mold; if there is a pin, pay attention to the direction and angle, and do not brutally beat and pull, otherwise the thimble will be easily damaged.
8) Spraying: Clean the mold cavity, the front, and back molds and spray the release agent evenly.
9) First reset mechanism: If there is a thimble under the core pull, you need to make a pull rod and another first reset mechanism to protect the mold.
10) Close the mold again and repeat the above process.